(Anyone detect the heavy hand of Stephen Harper in all of this? Naaaaa!) l.p.
====1. Dear CRTC - I am a journalist specializing in stories about the environment, especially global warming. Your proposed changes concern me deeply because, among other things:
2. I fear they will provide yet another channel for climate skeptics/opportunists and fraudsters to peddle their lies and deception over a phenomenon which is real, which is happening now and which is posing a clear and present threat to this planet, not only for us but future generations, as well.
3. I also fear these changes would shamefully cheapen the noble profession of Canadian journalism with its long-accepted high standard of checks and balances on the truth and accuracy of reporting in the public interest.
4. These changes seem to prepare the way for American-style broadcasting, where kooks and cranks have free reign to inflict their poisonous lies and misinformation on the public.
5. I implore you - do your part in preserving Canada's proud tradition of fairness and honesty in broadcasting - PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THESE CHANGES.
7. Larry Powell - Box 5 Grp 11 RR 1 ROBLIN - Manitoba- CA - R0L1P0
***End of document***