Monday, 8 February 2016
A Political Voice of Reason Comes From the NDP Amid the "Love-In" Over the TPP.
While the Trudeau government has gone ahead and signed the controversial Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, there remains many uncertainties about what's in store for Canada.
The Harper government first negotiated this deal in secret. Now we have the Liberals agreeing to a deal that can'tbe renegotiated! Any concerns or changes raised in future consultations won't matter.
- put thousands of good paying jobs at risk
- add hundreds of millions of dollars to already soaring drug costs in Canada
- handcuff Canadian innovators and creators by giving the United States the upper hand on intellectual property
- weaken family farms
- accelerate foreign control of our businesses
- hamper Canada's ability to legislate in the public interest due to Investor-State Dispute Settlement mechanisms
New Democrats will not stand still while the Trudeau government fast-tracks massive changes leading to pink slips for our workers. Please join us in stopping the TPP: http://www.ndp.ca/tpp
Let's work together to protect our shared interests and values.
All the best,
Leader, Canada's New Democrats
Follow Tom on / Suivez Tom sur Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/et Flickr